NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

A White Christmas
Just a quick post of a few Christmas photos... shockingly we got a White Christmas here in Arkansas... I can't remember the last one we had (maybe 10 years ago??). After living in Chicago for almost 3 years I've gotten rather jaded in regards to snow (when I left earlier this week there was an inch on the ground) but in my hometown we only get a few snowfalls a year and barely ever on Christmas. It seems like the snow followed me home from Chicago! Above are a few photos of me in front of my parents' house... I'm wearing my new 'Christmas' coat that I bought at my favorite consignment store in Chicago. It's from the 1950s and has a little fur collar (hard to tell with my hair over it in these photos). Best of all it only cost $26!Sadly I couldn't find a red/green/ice blue dress for Christmas this year so instead bought a little wool 1950s cocktail dres with bead detailing and a little bow at the waist. I think it makes for a classy/grownup Christmas ensemble. I'm wearing a 3-tiered 1950s 'pearl' and iridescent bead necklace with it that I bought from an estate sale last year. My mom is also wearing some thrifted goodness, she bought her wool plaid skirt at a local consignment store a while ago.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas... I went all vintage/thrifted gifts this year, which according to the media, seems to be 'on trend'! Will post pictures of gifts soon as well as Jade & I's annual Christmas photo (which we haven't done yet this year, oops!)