NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Hayley
When I discovered Hayley's blog a few months back, I was totally blown away. To see another young, plus-sized girl breaking into the fashion world is extremely inspiring for me. Her photo shoots are always amazing and her eye for style is impeccable. She constantly impresses me by wearing things I'd never think to put together, and her styling portfolio is perfection. Make sure you visit Fashion Hayley to see her work.Name: Hayley Hughes
Age: 25
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Size: Australian size 16, which according to an online conversion is a 14 in the USA.
Favorite Places to Shop: In Australia there are really limited options for plus size clothing. The best plus size store here is City Chic as its the only one that caters to the young fashion forward market with on trend clothes. Otherwise I love Sportsgirl which is the Australian equivalent of Topshop but their sizing is a bit off and on the small side so it can be hard to find clothes that fit. I also love op shopping (thats 'straylian for thrifting/good will shopping) and I love supporting local designers like Gorman, Alpha60 and Limedrop.
Fashion Icons: My fashion icons aren't celebrities per se, although they are kinda becoming them in their own country as they appear on TV and in magazines. Basically my fashion icons are my friends in Tokyo, the fashion kids of Harajuku. When I lived there I was constantly inspired and I find myself needing to go back at least once a year to get my creative juices flowing again. The fashion is indescribable, just take a look at www.dropsnap.jp to get an idea of what I'm talking about. You just never see that sort of dressing anywhere else in the world.
Current Obsession: Wedges. I've bought so many recently and it doesn't look like I can stop. They are the only heels I can walk in so its opened up a whole new world of elongated leg to me, ha.
Advice to other YFF Girls: Be confident in yourself and it will come through. Stand tall and be proud of your curves and don't let anyone else get you down. I've learned that the hard way (working in fashion as a plus size girl is tough!) but now I'm able to dress how I want and do what I want without caring what other people might think. It's the best way to be.