NYC Style Spot   +  trends

Hello Spring! Ah, Double-Denim, We Meet Again

The were a few telltale signs. My dog had ceased to be is winter-lethargic self, to now bounce around the flat, on edge every time a new bird sings. Additionally, my walks home after work had began to occur during decent daylight. Sun glasses have become a must in our handbags. And finally, we see Fearne Cotton dressing up to meet the UK Prime Minister in a pretty flower-print dress, some sexy heels and a tailored jacket, and we know it. Spring is (finally, thank you Mother Nature) here!

Then again, one also knows warmer months are right ahead when certain dreaded trends are seen everywhere, such as the double-denim look, which began emerging last year worn by celebrities such as Kanye West (though his approach is more of a triple dare).

I could go into a lengthy description of how to style this look, avoiding belts, cowboy boots (and especially hats), keeping the lower part of your body in the darker shade of blue (for slimming purposes)... however I just can't bring myself to accept this as one of this year's hottest trends. Then again, I could be wrong.

Pictures: PA Photos via GlamourUK, Jean-O-Type