NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Neutral Ground
Firstly, thank you to everyone who has congratulated me on my new position with Vogue Italia, I really appreciate it! I've gotten a ton of comments, emails, and tweets asking about Akira, the store I featured in the video. Akira does not carry plus sizes, but as you know, I am the queen of making things work and I encourage you to do the same! Because I've gotten such an amazing response, the wonderful people at Akira are offering my readers a 20% discount if you shop online at shop.akirachicago.com and enter this code at checkout: GABI20. The code is valid through March 31st. (You can find items I wore in the Vogue video here, here and here.)
This Spring, I'm loving light-colored neutrals like cream, tan, taupe, beige, nude, and even light pink. I just about died when I spotted this taupe dress with black sequin/beaded shoulders at H&M. (Everything in that store this season is perfection!) Today, I paired the dress with my new studded Jeffrey Campbell boots from Akira (still available on the website). We all know how hard it is to find thigh-high boots that actually fit, so discovering these made my year!I initially wanted to show you guys this outfit in a video post, but it was a huge FAIL. People always find it surprising when I say I'm super shy in person, but it's true! I hate being on camera, so I always have a million and one outtakes. I never got a good take describing the outfit, but the actual footage shows the colors/details of my dress much better than the pictures, so I decided to just upload the outtakes anyway! Enjoy!