NYC Style Spot   +  topshop

The Dilemma: How To Wear This Bodycon

As you already know, we were in London last week. A short day of sun and shopping at the best location - though not the best food this time, Costa cupcakes a miss, as I should have expected, and lunch involved a lot burnt garlic, oh the suffering -

The first stop was Topman, then Topshop for a quick browse. My eyes landed on this bandage bodycon pictured below, but decided the colour would be too pale for my own skin tone so it was a miss.

However, just a few moments later I found this little number, the Flower Panel Sweetheart Dress and instantly felt compelled to try it on.

Try it I did, and I instantly loved the feel, the pattern and the contrast of fabrics. Walked to the tills and happily made my purchase. However, through the entire day I couldn't help but wonder whether I'd gone for an impulse buy and end up not wearing the dress at all. I should add that for the last month or so I am struggling with a bit of a belly (too much dining out and ALWAYS ordering dessert is never a good habit after you're 25) which made me question wether I should be wearing (or even dreaming of wearing) a bodycon. I tried it on at home after the day out, and things didn't improve, with the regards to the belly or the dress.

So, this is what I am going to do. I am going to avoid wearing it with excessively high heels. I felt too exposed and "out there" so I'm bringing down the sexy factor either with some small wedges, or some gladiator sandals (it's short enough to allow for flat shoes without "shortening" my legs). I may team it with a slouchy cardigan as these contrasting clothes will go well together, lightening the extremely fitted effect.

And, only if I'm brave enough, may take a picture of myself wearing it and post it right here.

I have curves, and yes one should flaunt them, but it is never an easy business with me. Most of the time I wish I could just wear big jumpers and Converse trainers... but I die for fashion. Is it just me?

Pictures: topshop.com