NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Fish Tacos & Record Shops
Architectural SalvageJake & His Bag of FruitI was lucky enough to meet up with many of my USC friends while on my L.A. trip, I was close to the two guys featured in this entry (Jacob and Ahmar) and the three of us used to take adventures together including visiting the 'enemy territory' of UCLA for late night eats at IN 'n Out burger and Diddy Riese ice cream cookie sandwiches.

Jake was sweet enough to pick me up at the airport on Saturday but due to traffic and obligations didn't really get to hang out until Monday when Ahmar met up with us after he got off work. We visited an architectural salvage store that had amazing industrial chic finds but cost too much $$ to be practical for either one of us (also there was no way I could take any of it home). I did, however, take a photo with that sweet (airplane??) propellor.

Also, Jacob had a hankering for fresh fruit so he picked up a bag at a roadside stand-- it included cucumbers for some reason!Architectural SalvageArchitectural SalvageAbove: It was hard to get clear photos inside the store (I was sneaky and used my iphone) so these were the only two that turned out.

Below: More thrift/vintage shopping... we were amused by this vintage mens' shirt and I really wished I could have taken those sunny yellow diner chairs back with me to Chicago! We spotted them at the Hollywood Ave. Good Will thrift store in Los Feliz.Los Feliz ThriftingRecord EnthusiastsThen I made the mistake of suggesting going to a record store to two audiophiles-- Jacob works for a company that produces high quality records for clients and Ahmar DJs on the weekends so we ended up spending nearly an hour in a small shop! They both found things to take home and I had fun taking photos of their serious listening activities.Audiophiles!Since we spent so long in the record store we booked it over to The Best Fish Tacos in Ensenada for some crunchy shrimp & fish tacos. Yum! Salsa was spicy but worth it. I really wanted to go to The House of Pies for dessert but had to hightail it to a required conference event. :( Wish we would have had more time to hang out but enjoyed seeing my boys again. I'm tempted to move back to L.A. just so we all could vintage shop, eat and go to concerts together!L.A. Fish TacosFish Taco Diptych