NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

I Shot Myself!
It took a lot of convincing from others, but I at last did it. Cheesy title aside, I finally decided to take out the tripod today and snap a few shots of myself in the backyard. I felt a bit silly doing it, but it definitely wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. In spite of the top of my wonky tripod constantly tipping over (thus the crooked shots), it's nice to know that I can do this whenever I want and don't have to find a photographer to post! So expect to see lots coming soon!After letting them know how much I adored this piece, the girls at Harriet Grey were kind enough to offer to send me another from their collection! It was a tough call deciding which one I wanted but this intricate hematite multi-polygon piece is what I settled on. Isn't it great? She has such tasteful, affordable statement jewelry and the quality is awesome (looks so much more expensive than it is). Check out her website and facebook page!These pants were brought home by my mother from my parents' recent trip to Hong Kong. She had originally paid $45HKD for them (about $6.50CAD) to wear as pajama pants, but they were too low waisted for her so she handed them to me. They don't fit the greatest and the pants are flared so it looks a bit awkward even rolled up, but I thought it would be fun to wear them... especially since I told my boyfriend about them via email and he basically forbade me to wear PJ pants out no matter how "stylish" I said they were, hahaha (don't worry babe, I ended up changing out of them before I headed out tonight!).I'm finally done my courses so it's time to relax (and look for a job!). Thanks for keeping in touch even though my posts have been so sparse!!

Wearing: H&M top, Banana Republic camisole, pants from street vendor in Hong Kong, Zara booties, necklace courtesy of Harriet Grey