NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

MTV TJ Contestant!
Big news! I'm so excited I can finally announce that I have been chosen by MTV to be one of 20 finalists in the running to become their first ever Twitter Jockey, or TJ. The competition will be held during the month of July, and the winner will move to NYC, get a one year contract with MTV, and make 100,000 per year! You can check out my bio/page here: http://tj.mtv.com/2010/06/09/tj-bio-gabi

MTV Shows

Anyone who has been reading YFF for a while knows that living in New York City is a huge dream of mine. I tried moving there last summer but ran out of money and had to come back to the midwest. As much as I love fashion, I also love social media and popular culture; this is an amazing opportunity, and I truly need all of your support! How great would it be if there was a fashionable, body-positive plus size girl working in mainstream media (and MTV at that)? Plus, if I win, I can guarantee A LOT more outfit posts...can you imagine my wardrobe if I actually had steady income? Man.

The main thing I need you guys to do is FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER IF YOU ARE NOT ALREADY (my username is @nycstylespot). There will be a series of challenges and you will have to follow me there in order to help! The more followers and interaction I have with you guys, the better. Secondly, PLEASE help spread the word and tell your friends to follow me. Post on your blogs, facebook, twitter pages, youtube channels, or anything else you can think of! (If you have any additional connections or creative ideas, feel free to email me!) Out of the 20 of us, the top 5 will go to NYC for a week and compete there, and then a live finale show will air on MTV and the winner is determined by votes....meaning I cannot do this alone! My biggest fear is that people will say "oh, how nice! I hope you win!" but not actively help me in this journey, but I hope that's not the case. I love you all so much, thank you for your continued support! I will of course keep you updated as things progress.