NYC Style Spot   +  summer trend

Bite Me, Autumn Lines

Saturday night. I am spending the evening quietly browsing the web, observing lookbooks, catwalk previews, exclusive Facebook sneak-peaks. Suddenly, although the temperatures and sunny days say otherwise, the fast moving world of fashion is dictating the end of the bikini. It is the dawn of the coat.

However, my darlings, I am not going to scare the best summer vibes away by listing my favourite winter cover-ups, simply because, I refuse to have any. I lack the will to think about the colder months. I am looking at new collections thinking about what to wear now.

Stella McCartney is launching a very fresh and colourful campaign. Her latest collection has some scrumptious dresses too delicious to hide under heavy jackets. They make stunning looks by themselves, with hot pink ensembles like the one heading this post. Sequined and ever so mergirl, we love it for just now. The designer also has a great Facebook page, very dynamic and quite fun. Worth "liking" if you wander around such spaces.

New York is hot and sticky as ever, the storylines in Gossip Girl ridiculous and sexually/romantically repetitive as usual. Truth be told, the only reason one steers her eyes towards such show is to be fascinated with the clothes worn by Blake Lively and co. This Diane von Furstenberg dress has been making headlines. Simple, colourful and effortlessly sexy. Feminine and ever so flattering. There will be clones galore.

Karen Millen has one of my favourite campaigns at the moment. I love how model Bregje Heinen has been styled. Her pale skin, blonde locks and the powerful red lips result in a stunning look. The backdrop is subtle and soft, focusing on the model and the clothes. I'll probably only fall in love with a few pieces of said brand, but this photoshoot has me in awe.

And if there is a dress I wish I could be wearing this very moment, cold Martini in hand, enjoying the cool night breeze... Mango has it. Well, actually Scarlett Johansson has it and I want it.

So there it is, my darlings - don't you dare ask me to look at winter coats. I simply cannot be responsible for what I may do to you ;)

Pictures: Stella McCartney, Trendencias, Karen Millen, Mango