NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Colorful Chevrons
Colorful Chevrons (side)I picked up this colorful 1970s dress during my L.A. trip in May at the Popkiller store in Little Tokyo. There's something about the colors, the cut and the racy back that screams L.A. to me-- I actually wore it as a beach cover up while I was there. It was muggy and hot here in Chicago again so this dress helped keep me cool.

Outfit Details:

1970s Chevron Dress: Popkiller Second, Little Tokyo, Los Angeles

1980s black belt-- Wicker Park vintage store

Floppy black 1970s straw hat: Downtown millinery shop in L.A.

Vintage yellow bangle-- Brown Elephant, Chicago

Straw Bag-- Lincoln Park thrift store

Brown leather sandals-- Bentonville, Arkansas Good WillColorful Chevrons (back)I love this type of bag-- I think it was a Mexican souvenir dating from the 1960s. It's HUGE and can definitely carry all of your picnic or beach needs. I found it at a Lincoln Park thrift store that typically overprices their merchandise but they had a rare sale on their handbags.Vintage Souvenir BagDon't forget to enter my giveaway for the Shabby Apple dress!! It ends in two days on Monday at midnight. There's still time to enter.!