NYC Style Spot   +  wedding

Day Wedding Style - Eyes say it all

Yes, that is me, looking ever so slightly uncomfortable. And it's simply because I still have not mastered the blogger skill one requires to produce acceptable outfits posts. I'm struggling, and it has nothing to do with the ridiculous heels I'm wearing - more on that below. I'm unsure whether it's to do with the camera - it's rubbish; my abilities to pose without feeling completely exposed - I'm rubbish; or that I am just the least photogenic creature on this planet... excluding the Longhead dreamer angler fish, that's him below.... quite a scary fella.

In any case, I wanted to present you with an autumn look worn at a beautiful family wedding. Utterly romantic and with a stunning bride, some amazing cupcakes and delicious bubbles as soon as one sat down for dinner, what more can you ask for?

I went for a LBD, from yet again, Karen Millen (yes I have a penchant for their dresses) pearls from Blanco, and shoes from Faith. Seriously ridiculous heels, patent outside with a velvet ruffle at the front. I'll risk my reputation as a serious and responsible girl and include another picture so can appreciate the high heels.

Pretty, right? the shoes, not the clueless model. Moving along, another reason I will always remember this wedding will be thanks to my hair and make up, done by London's lovely Laura G. I absolutely adored how she styled my eyes, see below.

Products used:
Make up store translucent set powder
Benefit Corrector Erase Paste
Sephora Beige Base eyeshadow
Elisabeth Arden eye shadow brown & shimmery beige
Stila Grey Eyeliner
Mascara Lash accelerator by Rimmel in deep brown

Inspiration, by Laura G:
"Winter: Charcoals, browns and greens, which go great with Jessie’s eyes. As it was a daytime wedding I went easy on the dark shadows. Instead of using a deep chocolate shade I went for Elisabeth Arden’s soft brown, which came up a bit grey! I also swapped the black eye liner for a grey one, which I applied from the middle to the corner of the eye. The lucky bugger has naturally curled, very long eyelashes, so there was no need to make use of a curler before applying the mascara, which was Rimmel’s Lash Accelerator in dark brown. To finish off I applied highlighter on the brow bone."

And there you have it, the magnificent Laura G working miracles on my otherwise plain mug.

In other news, it's Friday!!!! Whatever you're doing stay safe, have tons of fun and ... take care when choosing what shoes to wear, slippery and wet ground makes for improvised skating which does not go with sky-high wedgy boots... I should know.

Pictures: The Daily Star, Fashion Limbo