NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Elements
At times I think I get too caught up in trying to make an outfit "interesting". During those instances, I stress myself out when getting dressed by trying to find a certain 'je ne sais quoi' about the ensemble. Today I was reminded that often times the key is to just choose basics with surprising details: a warm snood covered in faux fur, an unfussy silk top in a beautiful cobalt, a simple cardigan with weaved metallic thread and a no-nonsense kitten heel with a bold leopard print. These are elements that can give an otherwise inconsequential outfit that extra little something.And why was I laughing so hard in the last shot? Because after I took my cape and snood off, my photographer boyfriend didn't have free hands to help me hold the items so he styled them his own way instead. He humoured me and allowed me to snap this photo of him to post after I told him my readers would love to see it:Hope you're having a lovely day!

P.S. By the way, the last time I asked for suggestions a number of you said you wanted to know more about me/my personal life. I've been trying to incorporate it somehow but I really don't know what to write! So if you happen to be curious about anything, please ask. If enough questions are gathered I will do a post to answer them.

P.P.S. Dear friends, I'm not sure if you know but I recently started a Facebook page here. It would be wonderful if you could support by clicking the "Like" button. Thank you!

Wearing: Zara cape, trousers and kitten heel leopard pumps, H&M fur snood, Kyumi New York silk top, Wilfred belt, BCBGMaxAzria necklace, Amrita Singh ring, LOFT metallic cardigan