NYC Style Spot   +  What I Wore

Take A Bow
How to wear a BeretPhotography Credit: Vintage Obsession(Wearing Dad's White Button Up Shirt, Black Denim Leggings, Silk Bow belt borrowed from a dress, Houndsooth Patterned Jacket, Suede Black Pumps from Delhi, Wool Beret from Ebay.com)
Such a fun evening spent in parks with bubbles and side-walk cafes with muffins with my bestest friend from school, Smrithi. This particular discussion over tea at Dolci (the cute lil fenced cafe you see here) was how headgear; hats, berets, turbans are the most underrated accessories in India. Well, urban India. I see lots of people still rocking hats and turbans in rural India :)
Hats are such casual classics that are so effortless to pull off. Popping one on will give you the protection your head and face need when the hot summer sun means business. Best of all, it'll take your look up a few notches in that easy, jaunty way that can be 100% adorable. In fact, later that same evening I was stuck in an autorickshaw for over an hour while it poured (with vengeance) all around me and I pulled down my wool beret over my ears and it kept me so (thankfully) warm. So yes, there is a practical purpose too. ;) 
I just realised we're actually more inclined towards headgear than hair accessories and you can here see some ways we've worn the Fedora, the Panama hat and the Turban before :)
PS. The lil satin bows around the buttons of the jacket are an easy DIY inspired by The Glamourai. I just stringed some thin black satin ribbon through the buttons and tied them in cute little bows to accentuate the black in the buttons and set off the red houndsooth pattern in the jacket. Here is a tutorial on a slightly different take on the black button bows inspired by a Philip Lim cardigan.

Inspiration for this outfit: