NYC Style Spot   +  Video Tutorial

How To Do Red Lips For Indian Skin
 If I were a superhero, red lipstick would be my cape. With it, I feel confident, proud, even empowered. Without it, I may as well be invisible :P

On New Years' Eve, I got asked about my fiery ruby lips a lot so I found a nice lil' tutorial for you on Vogue.in by Namrata Soni on How To Do Red Lips For Indian Skin. :) I think the scary bit is finding the right shade of red for you and the general rule is; fair complexion looks best with a bright, yellow-based red while blue-based, pinky reds suit darker skin and hair. 

But to really simplify it, just do what I did - I stringed along my best friend to the make-up counter with me who I know always calls a spade a spade. She winced if the shade made me look like Madonna or a working girl from the dark alleys of Moulin Rouge and clapped when I finally found the right one! ;) Stress not, the right shade will, very simply, make your hair, your skin and your eyes light up. Thats all you need to look for. To keep it modern though, wear very minimal eye make-up. In fact, do your red lips first and then proceed to do the rest of your make-up so you know when to stop. I wish I had pictures from New Years' Eve but we were too busy bringing it in to Munni ki Badnami and Sheila ki Jawani! ;)