NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Recycled Fashion
{Photos by Paul Milaire and Roderick Fung of Fotowok}

As a little girl, I remember seeing my mother sport a "clown" like coat once in a while: an oversized, sweatshirt like number in an almost unbearably blinding shade of orange. Since I'd always been used to seeing very safe options from her when it came to fashion (she often wore sweater sets and trousers to work), I just didn't understand this choice. How things have now changed: I opened her coat closet the other day and was astounded at how I never saw the potential in this before: oversized was now chic, the sweatshirt shape was now "cocoon", and the orange? So on trend now as one of the Spring 2011 Runway's most well-loved hues.

Ladies: Are there any pieces you remembering seeing on your mother in your childhood that you just did not get, but now have grown to love?Wearing: vintage Thierry Mugler coat, Zara shoes and sweater, 7 For All Mankind ponte double knit pants, vintage Bally bag