NYC Style Spot   +  TIME

Blackheath I Love You

I haven't written in ages. More than a week since I published anything. I've been on the one hand busy, and out of home. On the other hand I currently feel ever so slightly deflated and uninspired.

I've been spending a week at my aunt's in London. I needed a break from the move (did I tell you I'm leaving Belgium?), the tiring decisions, the horrid packing, etc. I also needed some time to clear my head.

With regards to the blog, I don't know if I have much more to say. I've been doing this for 3 years, but it really is nothing more than an online diary. However, when I say "online diary" I'm referring to a full-time unpaid job, as I spend hours researching the posts to write, writing said posts, exchanging links on social media platforms, replying to PR emails, commenting on other blogs. Plus the Spanish version of my site doubles-up the amount of work every day. On the emotional side, I'm coping with a lot of frustration: it's hard to write about fashion when you don't go out much (my back injury isn't really helping) and when you cannot spend any money, it's difficult to hang around shops to report on what I see, or buy and review items.

As you can see I don't have many happy thoughts populating my brain today, so I'll just tell you a bit about my trip to London. As always, I loved it. This time, however, I made quite the unexpected discovery, a fantastic neighbourhood: Blackheath.

Sandwiched between Greenwich and Lewisham, Blackheath has quite an interesting history, and you can read about it over here. It's quite a pricey area to live in - I tend to want things that I cannot afford, you see. It's full of cafeterias, which makes me love it even more, and restaurants. It hardly has any shops, which makes the ones it has quite special, contributing to a lovely up-hill area that seems made up for gastro-lovers like myself. I also spotted a very interesting beer brewery and bar which I need to check out one day.

Then, I came across another of my all-time favourite things: cute back streets! Oh, and "Brigade Street" must be one of the coolest names ever.

The most striking thing about this London inner suburb, is the heath, the stretch of green land spreading in front of Blackheath. It's quite the hilly area and this only adds to its charm.

This is the back window of one of the lovely stores I found in town, a bridal dress shop, with lots of gorgeous vintage frocks... and shoes. As much as I try, I cannot stay away anything fashion-related ;)

Where have you been to lately?

Pictures: Fashion Limbo