NYC Style Spot   +  Neeta Lulla

Neeta Lulla at Bangalore Fashion Week 2011
Neeta Lulla presented her new diffusion line at the finale of Bangalore Fashion Week 2011 to mark the launch of her store here. We saw the collection start with some pretty pastels which moved on to lots of white - just perfect for summer. While I didn't care much for the cuts or shapes of the dresses, there were some really cute kurtis and flowy anarkalis which looked easy and fun to wear. 

What I did really enjoy was the funky hair accessories, the combination of sheer and white and all the applique and embroidery details in the clothes. The velvet baroque-ish detailing was beautiful!  But over all, they didn't come together too well for me. Shruti Hassan ended the show in her 'show-stopping' dress but it was her rock and roll spunk and fierce red pout that I loved more than her outfit. What do you think of the collection? I didn't feel too inspired by the show.. it felt like I had seen all the clothes done before. Do you think I'm being too harsh?