NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Blocks of Colour
Although the majority of my closet is still filled with neutrals and leopard print (which arguably counts as a neutral!), I enjoy any and every excuse to add colour to an outfit. One of my favourite things to do is wear an ensemble of exclusively neutral tones and then inject a pop of colour in one item, be it a piece of clothing or accessory. I feel that it is one of the easiest ways to add interest while still being relatively safe. The colour blocking trend that has once again come upon us this spring has provided an opportunity to be a little more adventurous and add a second pop! My favourite tried-and-true colour mix is yellow with blue but I already have a few extra combinations in mind to try with the existing pieces in my closet (can't wait to use these pieces separately)!

Will you be colour blocking this spring? What colours are you most excited to wear together?Wearing: Zara sweater, ASOS skirt, unbranded trench, Jacob belt, vintage Bruno Magli pumps (Value Village find!), BCBGMAXAZRIA necklace, structured purse from local boutique Flok