NYC Style Spot   +  vintage

Brighton Mon Amour

Brighton has to be one of my favourite places in the world. If anyone told me I "had" to live there, I would gladly do so, even with it's sideways rain, it's bitter wind and the painful pebbly beach - shoes or no shoes, no clue how one must walk on that!

During my last visit to the UK at the start of February my cousin Kate had the brilliant idea of doing a road trip from London to London By The Sea. Want to see some pictures?

Isn't this the coolest shop sign ever?

Kate spotted a girl with a Beyond Retro bag, and we promptly stopped her to ask for directions. This proved to be a slight useless idea, as she was not from Brighton and her directions simply added to "go that way *waving ahead* and then look for a street in the middle of nowhere...oh, and there were sharks on the walls" (???) all I can say is thank God for iPhone map applications... I kept looking out for the sharks but I'm still wondering about that detail.

Somehow we decided not to go for this woolly waistcoat

Groovy visual merchandising at Beyond Retro Brighton

It was during this visit to Beyond Retro that I bagged my coolest vintage find to date. After shopping we headed for the traditional fish and chips by the beach side. It was c-c-c-cold and windy but we still loved it.

The pier is that strange mixture of romantic meets flashing lights meets fish & chips

Hello Kitty "claw" machine

Random street art by Cassette Lord

Soon I will be heading to the South of Spain and Brighton will be quite far away :(

What are your favourite towns? I need holiday inspiration my lovelies.

Pictures: Fashion Limbo