NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Saying goodnight to Kate

There comes a point when, no matter how well stitched that dress was it's going to get worn out, no matter how expensive those shoes were their soles are going to fade away, and no matter how amazing that bag has been it's going to have to be replaced. This is my dilemma. I have a bag I love so so so much. My Kate Hill and I have been together for two and a half years, and it has come to that moment that I have to let her go. Her straps are fraying to the brink of snapping, her base is shreading at the edges and her lining is not the golden colour it once was. To show you just how much I love this bag, let's back track to when i first bought it; I bought my formal dress the same day, and yet the bag is what I blogged about!

Kate comes with me to so many places; work, university, lunch dates, shopping trips. She even travelled with me to Japan in 2008 and handled the job of being my carry on luggage. What can I say? We've been through a hell of a lot together, and it's sad to have to let her go. I've been looking for a replacement, but nothing seems to call to me like she did. It's so sad that I'm this distressed over throwing away such a material thing, but is it really that superficial? I'm sure there's something in your wardrobe that you could not imagine living without, for me that's my Kate, and tomorrow she will no longer be mine. She's going to bag heaven. It's the end for my Kate and I.