NYC Style Spot   +  Thrift Haul

Ask The Readers: 1950s Lamp
50slampWhile I've been collecting vintage items for the past 15 years (I started young), I'm by no means an expert and now and then find a treasure that is difficult to date or is missing a component. Here is where you come in, dear readers, to give me some advice and to share some of your knowledge.
The 1950s lamp and bowling trophy were both found for a low price at a thrift store not too far from my apartment, I like how their shapes and materials mirror each other.
When I purchased the lamp it had a bowl-shaped white milk glass shade-- unfortunately 5 minutes after purchasing it I shattered the shade, of course vintage items survive decades unscathed and when it reaches me I destroy it. Typical. When someone asks if you want an item wrapped the answer should always be "yes"-- the woman who checked me out wrapped all my other items (including a melmac measuring cup) but I told her I'd carry the lamp unwrapped as the store is within walking distance of the apartment. Big mistake.
Now, for the question-- what kind of shade would this have had originally? Do you have any pictures/sources/ebay search words for me? Even better, a store in Chicago that would carry a vintage shade. If you're wondering, the size of the lamp is just under 2 feet.trophyduoOn my thrifting journeys I've come across many a bowling trophy but have passed them up as they're bulky and heavy, thus difficult to get on the El/Metra train/bus back home (I'd own so much more junk if I had a car here!). This one seems especially deluxe to me, it features chunks of a marble-like stone and metal painted to look like faux bois wood. If this is the 2nd place award I'm curious what the first place must have looked like!trophybaseIt must have been some sort of tournament as it features a time span rather than a date. Thanks J.B. Fisher, your trophy will be appreciated in my 2011 home!