NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Bleeding Blue
(Wearing the Indian Cricket Team's Colour Blue -Thrifted Blue Striped Tee, Self made Blue Maxi Skirt, Random Old Kicks with Blue Laces, Oversized Red Clutch (in The Republic Of Chic Store soon), Thrifted Camouflage Scarf and Dad's Belt
This post/journal entry feels like no other. Documenting this day, this feeling, immortalising it feels so necessary. India won the Cricket World Cup today after 28 years of deserving cricket teams. We won a few hours ago in fact, and the street are still bursting with happy men and women driving around, waving the flag, screaming Bharat Mata ki Jai! Though my Mom has finally stopped praying and gone to bed, the skies are still lit with fireworks and my cat is in my blanket, under my bed being very afraid of the all the noises and frenzy. Sports and War bring a country together like nothing else can. And I'm so glad that today its the former. History was made. And it happened in our time! Now only if I could tell my heart to be still before it gives way and I pass out from the excitement! Actually, that'd be great. That way I'd finally get some sleep! :|

A big shout out to my bestie Smrithi Rao of Vintage Obsession whose birthday proved auspicious enough for the home team that a freaking World Cup was even won! I love you, S. Wish you were here.