NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Leather King
Mitch Alfus is the director of Libra Leather, a high-end leather supplier to the likes of Philip Lim and Rick Owens, fondly known as the Leather King. While the first parts of the video with his adorable lil daughter warms the cockles of my heart, watching him at work with his 'skins', 'constructively criticizing' his staff and 'sexually harassing' Sam 'the model'.. gives me this unnatural, almost sadomasochist urge to go work for him. Do you feel it too? Maybe it's his passion for the raw and natural, maybe it's his sincerity and sensitivity to life.. Howsoever it maybe, I know I am smitten.

PS. This is a video via The Selby. Short films seem to be his new pet project and I'm lovin' it! :) Also a must watch for insights into the leather process.