NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Berry'd Deep
My velvet mini skirt from Forever21 is probably the item featured the most on this blog. Whenever I'm not sure what to wear, it's pretty much the first thing I grab. Today was no different; it's finally warming up in NYC, so I knew pants were a no-go. Up top, I decided to wear a sheer cranberry crop top over a bodysuit of the same color. The top was originally too small, so I cut the seams to create a sort of capelet (I'm pretty sure this would work with almost any top if you want to DIY).

Sorry for the photo quality--my DSLR is broken; back to point and shoot for now:Top & Bodysuit-American Apparel/Jacket-Beth Ditto for Evans/Skirt, Necklaces, Shoes-Forever21/Sunnies-Urban Outfitters/Bracelet-Fennimas
PS-Fat girls: if you're wondering how to wear skirts without suffering from chubrub (thigh chafing), I recently bought Secret Shield after seeing positive reviews from other bloggers. It's a veggie based anti-chafing balm from the company SkinDura, and it's been working well for me so far! Edit: Wow! Apparently since I posted this, they sold out! I know a lot of people also love Monistat's Chafing Relief Gel and say it works really well. I haven't tried it yet, but you should be able to find it at your local drug store.
PPS-The photo shoot I styled for Fashion to Figure is up! Happy shopping :)