NYC Style Spot   +  TIME

Fashion Limbo in "Sleepy" Mode

I'm still sick but finally recovering. A strong summer flu struck me down but I'm now in the process of defeating the nasty bug and will soon rise from it all, like a healthy Phoenix bird, or something equally fabulous and powerful. In the meantime, while I try to blow my nose with grace and attempt to get back to work slowly, some recommendations:

A film: Les Petits Mouchoirs (Little White Lies) hailed as the French film of the year, although that may be a tad exaggerated. It's still quite entertaining to watch, the characters are well built, the setting for the film is stunning and makes me want to get my ass over to the French Riviera ASAP. I really enjoyed this movie but don't expect an amazing story, see it more as an observation of a group of friends and their dynamics, lots of hidden feelings and untold truths.

A book: Feel by Christ Heath. It0s the second time I read it, but it makes for a fantastic summer read. The writer becomes Robbie Williams' shadow for a few months, writing this truly fascinating look into celebrity life. Entertaining, funny, even scary at times, I love it.

A song: every single one in Nicki Minaj's Pink Friday. I've always liked a bit of rap here and there, but never actually enjoyed an entire album... until now. Think of it as Spice Girls in hip-hop town, it has girl power written all over it. Ultra feminist, full of fun and empowering anthems. Again, perfect for summer, with a very organic sound and tunes that will have you wiggling your bum non-stop.

A store: Zara, for having the most colourful collection in fashion right now. I'm inspired by so many pieces such as a starry jacket - very D&G AW 2011 but also very Chanel circa 2008, how fashion savvy am I? ;) - a fuchsia jacket, colourful chinos and these sandals below that are simply stunning. You can find them here.

So, what have you been up to? Tell me, tell me xxx

Pictures: Fashion Limbo, Zara