NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Happy Mother's Day!

There comes a day once a year, a day to look to our mothers; who they are, what they do, and who they have been for us throughout our lives. We asked some of the Fashion's Sweethart team what their mothers mean to them. What about you? What makes your mum special?Sarah Gibson: Beauty Editor
My Mum is not only my mum but she is my best friend. She helps me when I need help and supports me in all that I do. We love going out shopping and always have fun and do things together. She inspires me to be the best person I can be. When I become a mum I want to be just like her and love my children just as much as she loves me and my brother.Selby Pearce: Photographer
This might sound lame and clique but my mother really is my best friend. She went into labour with me on her birthday and I was born the day after. Since then she has always had to share her birthday with me and everything else. We share our make-up, our jewellery and drink wine together. She is the only one I trust for advice on boys, clothing and generally everything. I even drop her in the Valley sometimes when she wants to go out with her friends! I admire my mum for many things but mostly I admire her ability to be authoritative but still fun. She has always encouraged me to follow my dreams and told me I can be who ever I want. She has inspired me to become the person I am today.Claire Nada: Editor
My mother was younger than me when she met my father, and they've been together ever since. What they have, what they have shared for the past twenty odd years is something I aspire to in my own relationships. She sticks it out, in her friendships, relationships and her career positions. She's been teaching since she graduated and that hasn't changed, not that I can picture her doing anything else. She does like to boss people around. haha. My favourite memory is no doubt our trip to Sydney several years ago, just her and I, from the little country town in NSW where I grew up. It was an eight hour train trip and it was our little adventure. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MUM!

MUA - Sarah Gibson
Photo - Selby Pearce