NYC Style Spot   +  zoo

Road Trip: Madison Zoo
armspanPhew, so this is the last of the photos from my Easter road trip to Milwaukee & Madison, Wisconsin with my roommate Adeline. I took a staggering amount of photos for such a short trip so had to spread them out over 4 posts!
All the photos in this post were taken on Easter Sunday, we originally wanted to do brunch with my friends but we ended up waking up later than expected and places were either closed or required reservations. We decided to just wander over to Monroe Street where we had seen a lot of coffee shops the day before. Lucky for us Barriques Wine Cave was open; at first I thought it was a wine bar but it's actually a coffee shop/cafe that also sells/serves wine and spirits! What an unusual pairing.winecaveThe cafe was packed with students cramming for tests and writing papers. Kind of gave me some horrible flashbacks!coffeeYUMM I think the name of this drink was "caramel roll", wish I remember what was in it-- think it was caramel, cinnamon and vanilla. It was like an amped up version of my usual vanilla latte! With it I ate a delicious bbq chicken wrap packed full of big chunks of chicken, large strips of smoky bacon, spinach, tomato and ranch dressing.bisonAfter our tasty brunch we headed over to the nearby zoo which is FREE. It was packed with families enjoying the warm weather (it was the sunniest day of our trip).bison2polarbearrhinochimpsadelinezootitledhouseparrotsfruitredparrotzoobenchsquirrellionIf you're curious about my outfit details:
Little cotton floral dress -- a contemporary find at Buffalo Exchange, think it was originally from Urban Outfitters.Black Leather Jazz Flats-- Village Thrift, Chicago1960s floral crown/headpiece-- Indiana flea market1970s cardigan-- Wicker Park flea marketStamped leather purse-- Brown Elephant thrift, Chicago
I buy a 'new' dress for Easter each year, a tradition I carried over from childhood (my dresses back then were all about the tulle and sequins!). Sadly I couldn't find a vintage dress that was to my liking but found this little contemporary frock at my favorite secondhand store, Buffalo Exchange. I don't have a shot of the back but it has an open cutout back with a little tie!sky