NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Glamour Women of the Year Awards
Monday evening, I had the honor of attending Glamour's Women of the Year Awards. I was so excited to be named one of their 21 Amazing Young Women of 2011 along with some totally inspiring girls changing the world.

Huge thank you to Glamour! I cannot even begin to describe what it felt like to be in the room with women like Arianna Huffington, Lea Michele, Jennifer Lopez, and Gloria Steinem!!! (Side note: I also died a little when I saw Marc Jacobs walk in).

When I first heard about the event, I immediately reached out to the fabulous designer, Rani Zakhem. Rani makes some of the most gorgeous red carpet worthy dresses for plus sizes, and I knew I'd love to wear one of his designs. A few months ago, I had the pleasure of going to the photo shoot for his Spring 2012 Lookbook and I was blown away. Rani told me his collection was inspired by Elizabeth Taylor, and I could definitely see the influence in his color choices and glamorous draping. Everything was so intricately designed, from the perfectly tailored cocktail dresses to the flowing, beaded gowns. I fell in love with a camel colored dress with voluminous sleeves, a sheer top, and sequined shoulders. For this event, he was kind enough to custom make it for me in black!

Dress-Rani Zakhem/Shoes, Ring-Aldo

You can see a video of highlights from the night here, with a super brief shot of me and the other 20 girls at 3:47.