NYC Style Spot   +  train

Arkansas 'n Missouri Railroad
christmastrainI'm back in Chicago after a 10-day vacation in my hometown of Fayetteville, Arkansas. Surprisingly the weather wasn't too much warmer than Chicago this time around but it was super sunny-- unlike the gray skies that haunt the windy city for the majority of the winter.
Christmas Day we visited the Lights of the Ozarks and took the typical Christmas tree shots (seen in my previous post) but we also took pictures at the Arkansas & Missouri railroad yard in downtown Springdale. It probably looks familiar because I took photos there on my last trip home in May; I've always enjoyed revisiting locations in different seasons to see how it's changed.greencar
drivingthecabooseOUTFIT DETAILS:1950s dress: Vintage shop in ChicagoRibbon bow belt: Ribbon purchased from Michael's craft storechristmasnecklace1960s green lucite necklace from a Chicago antique store. I loved how the large beads look like Christmas ornaments or lights. I believe the dress was handmade, it features rickrack trim along the collar and at the cuffs. From this close up you can also see how it has an unusual folk style pattern to the fabric.goldpurse1960s gold handbag found at my parents' home, I thrifted it previously in Arkansas. I'm wearing my favorite red suede heels from Urban Outfitters. I'm also wearing my usual HUE sweater tights.endofthelinetraindownthetrackscaboosetracks2arkansastrainwalkingonthetracksThanks mom for being patient as usual and taking all these photos for me!