NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

5 Minute Face
I don't profess to know a lot about makeup - it's definitely been trial and error (with lots of error) for me over the past few years. However, I'm happy to have finally found a routine that's quick and does the job for me. Due to a few reader requests, here's a step-by-step on the make up I wear on a typical day and what I would usually have on in blog outfit photos. For me, it's all about defining my eyes and adding a bit of colour to my cheeks because I'm very pale. I use products with the intention of looking more awake, and I like to look fresh but still natural. If I'm in a rush, I'll skip out on the eyeliner. I hope this helps!{start with cleansed, moisturized, bare -gulp!- face. conceal under eye area & redness - for me, that's around my nose & chin}
After trying a variety of products, including Laura Mercier and BareMinerals, I've returned to Bobbi Brown's corrector and concealer. I have very bad eye bags and this does the job better than anything else. The correcter serves to neutralize the blues and purples under your eye and the concealer blends it in with your skin. Still trying to find something for eye puffiness though - any suggestions?{subtly line eye, curl lashes and apply lash primer & mascara}
MAC's fluidline in Blacktrack is my favourite - it stays put all day. I start in the middle of my eye and draw a slight cat eye towards the outer corner. I curl my lashes with Shu Uemura's curler, then put on Shiseido's nourishing mascara base, which makes anything you swipe on top work 10 times better!{apply a dash of bronzer onto cheeks - I put it right on the cheekbone}
I've been using this NARS Danmari palette for my cheeks everyday. It's complete with some of the brand's most popular shades (including Orgasm) and the colours are great for a large number of skin tones. Here, I used the bottom right shade, Sin.{finishing touches - I fill any bare spots in my brows, apply lipbalm & control shine with a bit of powder}
Applying Laura Mercier's Brow Definer (I use Warm) is a subtle way to make eyebrows more shapely. I've recently learned how big of a role well-groomed brows make to the overall look of a face so have only been doing this for a couple of months. Shiseido's Therapino Oil Balm is one of my favourite lip balms and Make Up Forever's HD Powder is a transluscent loose powder that gets rid of any excess shine.{The finished look: ready to face the day!}
Check back next week for a post on my skincare routine! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me over on Formspring!