NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Pajama Pants
{photos by Paul Milaire & Roderick Fung}
I recently realized that I am a very safe dresser. Most of my friends wouldn't agree with this as my closet contains substantial amounts of bold colours and patterns, but in actuality I tend to only stick to a handful of silhouettes that have worked for me. While this may be a good thing, it has taken much of the fun out of dressing up. Finding a pair of 100% silk trousers for $10 at a consignment store a while back was the perfect opportunity to do a bit of experimenting: though it's not a big leap, the higher waist & looser fit of the pants were enough to give putting an outfit together some pizazz that hasn't been there in far too long.p.s. In case you haven't noticed, this vest has become, hands down, my most worn piece this entire winter. I'm now thoroughly convinced that a black faux fur vest is a wardrobe staple.
Wearing: Zara sweater and shoes, YesStyle vest, thrifted blouse and Wilfred silk pants, Jacob belt (similar), label-less clutch, Revlon Colorburst in Fuchsia