NYC Style Spot   +  winter

Wearing a 1950s Velvet Cloak In The Snow
velvetcloakhoodYes, I'm posting more snow pictures, this set was taken last weekend during the second major snowfall of January-- 8 inches fell over the course of a day. I wore this outfit to the wedding themed Vintage Bazaar at the Empty Bottle last weekend, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to wear my 1950s black velvet hooded cloak, aqua gloves and 1950s aqua, black and white floral pattern dress. Perhaps I've been watching too much Once Upon a Time lately, but I felt like a character from a fairy tale in my hooded cloak. The cloak is super warm and surprisingly wearable since it has actual sleeves rather than just arm slits (like a traditional cloak).

Despite the snow it wasn't that cold out (it was in the 20s) so I took the opportunity to walk around my neighborhood and take photos. Scroll down to see more pictures of my outfit and to see glimpses of a snowy Ukrainian Village. The snow has since melted since it's been in the 40s the past two days but it's supposed to snow again here in Chicago tonight and tomorrow.snowyalley1Of course I love the full skirt of the 1950s dress and the unusual color combination of black, white and my favorite color, aqua!snowycloakvelvetcloakOUTFIT DETAILS
1950s velvet hooded cloak: The Village Family Outlet thrift store, Chicago
1950s dress: Knee Deep Vintage, Chicago
Vintage Lined Galoshes: Thifted in Chicago
1950s aqua glovesredberrieshouseredberriesicicles2birdhousebirchtreesbirchtree2swirledstairsberrieswinterbranchesbicycleswingsetswingscusnowystreet