NYC Style Spot   +  What I Wore

Pastel Punk Princess
(Wearing Denim Shirt from my Menswear Collection, Zara Pink Denims, Spike necklace from ROC Store, Chunky Pastel Ring from Local Store, HorseHair Crossbody Bag worn as clutch, Metallic Heels from ages ago)
Is neon gone? Is pastel the new neon? Are retina shocking hues being replaced by subtle, feminine shades? Are we all going to be ballerinas? Am I going off on a tangent? Ok then.. Before you answer those, lets look at how here I do both. Pastel jeans with neon accents. I've never been one for muted style, and so the spike necklace, horse hair clutch and neon lips do the talking ;)

Perhaps the strongest trend of this season, Pastel comes with a soft approach. Sugary shades on sweet pastel pieces are the order of the spring/summer day with everyone from Chanel and Louis Vuitton to 3.1 Phillip Lim, Jonathan Saunders and Alexander McQueen dipping in.    We've been told pastel jeans in pinks, oranges, yellows and greens are going to be a huge hit for Spring/Summer 2012! I think it was the next step in colour for denim. Every other colour has been done. A departure from the neon trend of last year, none of the denim is as bright, so don’t worry, it’s more pastel shades and muted tones, but you can still tell it has a florescent inspiration!

I’ve been seeing a lot of the highlighter pen shades around in jewellery, accessories, shoes and bags and it looks great! I know neon is hard to wear and some of you have found it hard to venture into the coloured denim trend which blew up this past Spring/Summer, but I think now we are all accustomed to the bright shades, it wont be so hard to jump on the neon bandwagon :)