NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Pattern Clashing
{photos by Alicia}
While I love to wear and mix patterns, I'm usually quite calculative in the way I style them. I go by a few rules and stick with safer options to avoid a potentially overwhelming outfit. Perhaps I was feeling adventurous (or maybe it was the ridiculously cold weather we've been having lately), but I decided to throw on my houndstooth jacket on top of this ikat cardigan last minute, while heading out the door yesterday. I still haven't decided whether or not I completely like the result, but it was a good reminder to just abandon the 'rules' sometimes and have fun with fashion.I'm not usually a bangle girl as they usually slide right off my wrists, but the expandable wires on these fun Alex and Ani pieces make them so easy to wear. See a more detailed shot of them here!
------------------------
Wearing: J.Crew Factory cardigan, thrifted blouse, Club Monaco skirt (on sale for $40 in a sz 10!), UniQUEEN jacket (c/o), DKNY bag, Zara shoes, Alex and Ani bangles (c/o)