NYC Style Spot   +  vintage outfit

Thrifting & Tacos
thriftaholic_antique_taco_muralA couple of weeks ago my friend Sarah and I both had a weekday off from work so decided to meet up to do some thrift shopping followed by a late lunch at Antique Taco. Originally we planned to do a mini road trip outside the city but unfortunately due to some car trouble we ended up not too far from my neighborhood. We still had fun,however, and each scooped up some fun vintage pieces.

Before lunch we took a few quick outfit photos in the Wicker Park neighborhood on Milwaukee Avenue. I posed Sarah in front of a funky black & white mural down the block from Antique Taco.sarah_mural_wickerparksarah_muralsarah_wickerparksarah_kitty_shirt_backI especially like the ribbon/bow detail on the back of Sarah's shirt and it might be hard to see but it actually has a novelty print of catsantiquetaco_suitcasesSurprisingly it'd been a while since either of us at eaten at Antique Taco so I was happy to see a few new decor pieces/vintage items for sale in the restaurant including the set of vintage luggage above. If you're curious to see more photos of the restaurant and read my review of the food, check out the blog entry I posted last month.antiquetaco_wheatLast time there were flowers on all the tables and this time they'd switched it out to wheat/summer reeds.antiquetaco_cheesecurdsBesides my beloved fish tacos, I split an appetizer of beer battered deep fried cheese curds (Wisconsin style!) topped with chorizo chili, crema fresca and scallions. They were crispy, rich and satisfying. An unusual find at a Mexican restaurant too.fishtacosI took photos of the fish tacos last time but they're so photogenic I had to take more pictures.fish_tacosthriftaholic_antique_tacoDuring the summer Antique Taco has a side patio open with rows of tables. There's also a colorful mural that runs the length of one wall that worked well as a backdrop for my outfit.thriftaholic_antique_taco_signthriftaholic_vintage_dressI wore a simple, comfortable "everyday" outfit that day, not something I'd usually document for the blog. When I'm having a laidback day in my own neighborhood I usually wear a cotton, A-line dress, comfortable shoes & my dependable leather bag that houses my dSLR camera.

OUTFIT DETAILS:
Late 1950s/early 1960s handmade floral print dress: Unique Thrift Store, Chicago
Vintage Men's Leather Oxfords: Brink Dwellers vintage, Chicago
1970s leather bag: Garage sale a few years ago, Chicago
1960s sunglasses: Antique shop in Chicagovintge_cat_necklaceMy favorite accessory was the 1970s necklace featuring a Victorian woman holding her fussy Persian cat. Isn't it kind of bizarre? The necklace was also thrifted at Unique.vintage_accessoriesPiling on the accessories as usual, the red ring actually has a center stone that spins from coral to Mother of Pearl to black onyx. The black and white ring is carved out of a shell. I thrifted the 1970s feather bangle bracelet that morning with Sarah.

Also, just a little bit of blogger news, I recently hit 600 followers so I'll be hosting a giveaway soon! Look for an announcement in the next 2 days.