NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

La Mafe by Fluvia Lacerda
I've been lucky enough to call model Fluvia Lacerda a friend for three years now. She's always expressed her desire to start her own fashion line in her native country of Brazil, as the plus size options there are seriously limited. When she contacted me a few weeks ago to let me know that it was finally happening, and then invited me to come to her launch party in Sao Paulo, I couldn't have been more excited!

The event was last night and I'm not exaggerating when I say it was probably the nicest one I've ever been to. The venue was absolutely amazing--we were surrounded by lush trees, ponds, and flowers, the perfect location to show off Fluvia's collection, which is filled with sheer, flowy fabrics and bright tropical prints. She teamed up with an already established brand, La Mafe, to create the collection De Onde eu Vim (Where I Come From). It was inspired by Fluvia's hometown and features prints of animals, insects and fruit. You can see the campaign images here.

I wore a sheer button down by La Mafe and a skirt from Fluvia's collection (the only black piece she made--of course it's what I chose)! Pulled things together with a F21 jacket that I basically never take off (available here) and amazing pair of Zara heels (sold out, similar here). Ignore the end-of-the-night messy bun! I was so busy capturing Fluvia on video that I didn't get any decent outfit shots of my own.gabi-4Jacket-Forever21/Top-La Mafe/Skirt-La Mafe x Fluvia Lacerda/Shoes-Zara/Jewelry-F21, H&M  Fluvia's energy is completely contagious, and at least five of us were crying by the end of the night because of how touched we were. I'm so, so proud of this woman and all that she's accomplished, and I'm even more proud I get to call her my friend. I'm so glad I thought to capture the day on camera. Watch the video below to get a feel for just how amazing everything was! (Best if you view in high quality).