NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Blogger Brigade at Doomben

The girls and I are extremely passionate about our race days. It's the only time you can dress up, hang out with pretty horses, drink like a fish, gamble your life savings away and no one can say anything about it. Okay, maybe that's a little bit too much dressage for what actually happens when we venture to Doomben race course. Last Saturday my blogger brigade as well as a few other attractive faces spent the day basking in the sun's rays, yelling at the horses who claimed our bet and giggling like school girls every time the wind took away a drop or two of champagne.For those who don't follow me on Instagram, I have recently added another verse to my body. "La Vie En Rose" is French for "Looking at the world through rose coloured glasses" and it is not only the name of my favourite French song by Edith Piaf, but it is also a very important character in Audrey Hepburn's film Sabrina.Selby's boyfriend is a personal trainer who I always seem to make fun of for not being strong enough. After yet another debate about his capability he ended up picking me up and carrying me out of the races much to everyone else's delight.Here's one from the archive of Selby & my first race day two years ago.Photographs by myself & Selby Pearce
Flower Crown from Evelyn Curtis
Dress from Portmans