NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

My Market Must-dos

On Sunday my girlfriends and I took to the markets around Brisbane in search of some cute knick knacks. I love strolling through the lanes of handmade goodies and unique designers gathering inspiration and often picking up a piece or two for my wardrobe or apartment. Below are a collection of my favourite markets in Brisbane in case like me you have a flair for these sorts of things.

Suitcase Rummage is at Reddacliffe Place at King George Square in the City centre on the first and third Sunday of every month. Stall holders sell their second hand wares and handmade collections out of suitcases lined up in a maze around the square.

The Finders Keepers market is held at the Old Museum next to the RNA showgrounds at Herston. It is hosted over a weekend twice a year (July & November) and features Brisbane designers, as well as live music, coffee and food stalls in the fabulous garden grounds at the back of the museum.

City Hall plays host to one of my favourite indie markets, brought to Brisbane by BrisStyle. The market runs once a month with the next market coming up on the 8th of February. The market showcases a collection of BrisStyle artists and crafters who live in and around this amazing city.

Southbank is a popular place for markets with the hustle and bustle of bargaining happening every weekend. My favourite market to explore at Southbank, however is the Young Designers Market which brings together craftys and fashionistas alike on the first Sunday of every month.

Every weekend Brisbane opens itself up to an array of food and lifestyle markets such as the Eagle Farm Markets, Rocklea Markets, Davies Park Markets, Southbank Markets and Samford Valley Markets.

I'm also a big fan of the Brisbane Flower Market open every saturday across from the Rocklea showgrounds.

Being somewhat of a market enthusiast I'm always on the hunt for new stalls to explore and I love to check out market places away from Brisbane, especially the Queen Victoria market in Brisbane and the Eumundi market on the Sunshine Coast.

Outfit Pictured
Singlet dress from Dizzy Little Dotty
Shirt from Dotti
Bag from Forever New
Glasses from Asos
Loafers from Topshop