NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Out Of The Box with Laura Seeds

This is a little out of the box for me, but when an amazing artist like Laura Seeds asks you to be part of her latest project, you don't question it, you just accept the invitation and get really excited.

I've known Laura for many years, and have watched her art grow and take shape, transforming as her inspirations change over time. We've done four shoots together over the past few years, but this was the first project that I didn't commission her to do for my blog or a boutique look book. This was a chance to let her run the show and take me on the sort of creative ride I dream about.

Laura called me up one day back in March absolutely bustling with excitement, telling me about a project she had in the works and how she simply needed my then-silver-fox hair to help her vision along. Needless to say it wasn't long before I was in the studio, green juice in hand, ready to make Lauras vision reality. Laura is so easy to work with that it barely took that long at all. I'm so excited that I can finally share with you her amazing work.The exhibition, Nephelococcygia is what Laura describes as her attempt to visually represent anxiety and an individual headspace. Her favourite part about working on this series was "the experimentation, both with the printing process and how [she] directed [her] models."

You can see these artworks in their current home at Little Prince Espresso Gallery in Wolloongabba, Brisbane, until the end of October.

A word of advice from the artist herself...
"Meet people, lots of people! Your work might be phenomenal but you need other people in the industry or community to help you get off the ground." I could not have said it better myself.