NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Fallback Staples

It was a rainy, windy evening in St Kilda. As Melbourne has the added bonus of daylight savings (where we wind the clocks forward an hour during the months October-March) I've been trying to make the most of the seemingly "longer" days. On this particular day I decided it was necessary for a trip down to La Formaggeria on Acland Street for a mug of raw hot chocolate with almond milk. After all, I had just survived a whole month without any form of chocolate.

In a little dress that I had been wearing all day, I would have certainly caught a cold so it was a quick rush to my wardrobe for something just a touch more appropriate. This my sweetharts is what I managed to whip up and it wasn't until I'd left the house that I realised it featured not one, not two, but three of my current fallback staples. Black & white stripes, denim and my comfortable tan boots from Milano. It just goes to show, that no matter how unique or spare of the moment you feel, sometimes even the "quirkiest" of us have a "style".Photos by Jarrod Bateman
Sportsgirl Overalls
Zara Knit
Valleygirl Hoodie
Milano Boots
Collette Earrings