NYC Style Spot   +  travel

The Museum of Sex & Drugs

So many people have told me about MONA in Hobart, a museum dedicated to shocking patrons with exhibitions crossing lines and borders with no stone left unturned. With my interest in the realms of burlesque, tasteful nudes and risque paintings, there was no question about it. We had to visit!

The verdict?

It really wasn't all it's cracked up to be. I was a little disappointed to be honest, and whilst there was alot of sexual exhibitions, it really didn't turn over many other stones. We had an amazing day nonetheless. The art works outside the museum and the architecture of the building was definitely note worthy, but the exhibitions themselves left my thirst to be shocked and stunned unsatisfied.

Isn't it sad that a museum that thrives off shocking people didn't do so for me? How I now question just how desensitised I am, but that's another question all together, really.

Just how desensitised have we become?
Photos by Jarrod Bateman

Dress - Forever New
Cardigan - Dotti
Shoes - Wittner
Headpiece - Sportsgirl