NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

An Ode To A Mother

Mum, on this Mothers day I ask for forgiveness.
Forgive me for keeping you awake all night with my newborn screams.
Forgive me for being a terror who would tread mud through the house as a toddler.
Forgive me for not kissing you goodbye in front of my friends as a tween.
Forgive me for slamming the door on you more than once as a teenager.
Forgive me for pushing you away when I fell in love with a dickhead you warned me about.
Forgive me for worrying you sick each time I went out and got "wasted" during uni days.
Forgive me for moving interstate, away from you.
Forgive me for not being there today, this Mother's Day.

I have never known someone with a heart and soul so capable of forgiveness. You are the light in the room, and you deserve every bit of happiness that comes your way. I love you mum. I thank you for your forgiveness, and for everything else you have given me, but most of all, this mother's day I want to thank you for taking This Guy in as if he were your own son. Your compassion and generosity knows no bounds. We are both so grateful to have you in our lives.

Happy Mother's Day!