NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

JAKARNAVAL2015
And so here it is, one fun wonderful day at JAKARNAVAL 2015 with my dear friend Stella Lee! It was a wonderful day, the sun was being very nice and friendly, no extreme heat and lots of wind. As one of Jakarta citizens, I dedicate this post to Jakarta! JAKARNAVAL itself is actually a festival organised by our Jakarta's City Government since JAKARTA is going to turn 488 this upcoming 22nd June~ and I have to say that it was one spectacular events that is held yearly to celebrate Jakarta's anniversary!Actually for me, never ever crossed in my mind before that I will go to MONAS (our beautiful landmark, Monas stands for Monumen Nasional or in english National Monument) and spend a full day outdoor, but then again as me and Stella were curious and decided to join the festive moment, we were excited and the carnaval was beyond our expectation. The Carnaval itself starts at 3PM and ran for 2 hours, but then again there are live band and singing performances from Indonesia's top musicians from 12PM til the end of the event! The theme itself is GEMPITA JAKARTA and I was pretty impressed by how all the things are arranged. 
LOOK AT THEM!
They even got cosplay!
Stella and me got to meet our Jakarta's Governor Mr Ahok!
Indonesian heritage, beauty and culture
 Not only dancing performances, they do Marching Bands, Cosplays, Cultural showcases, Decorated rides, Old cars showcase and many more! I wish I could post all the pictures here but then again I know I just can't Indonesia sure is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, with the total of over 17,000 islands and so many languages, cultures, tribes and our beautiful nature, we could lead and be better! Jakarta as the capital city itself is somehow taken me by surprise, they mixed culture and metropolitan lifestyle might be overwhelming sometimes, but then again in a good way.
Ondel-ondel, one of Jakarta's true identity
I couldn't be more grateful to join the crowd and enjoy the event. Having all the awesome and colorful carnaval that day opened my eyes, I was pretty much touched and couldn't be prouder to be Jakartanians!

 The beautiful dances, the beautiful costumes!
I really hope there will be more events like this and I would love to promote to the world how beautiful my city is! And again, thanks for Jakarta Tourism and Culture office for creating this great event! We were satisfied and can't wait for more surprises Jakarta might hold in the future!