NYC Style Spot   +  Toughts

The age game.
 
Some years ago the phrase "the 30s are the new 20s" became very popular, specially between celebrities and magasin articles. Is this true? Does it work for all of us or just for the most beautiful and famous people in the world (specially in show-biz) ?. I never asked me that before, I just took that phrase as an affirmation. 
Yesterday, when I was in a clothing store (if you follow me on instagram, you might know of what I'm talking about) falling in love with literally everything, I found a very cute girly pair of shoes. I walked directly to them like they were a magnet. Then my friend said "oh come on Keyla! you're too old for those shoes!". That commentary surprised me as you can't believe. While I was still holding the pair of shoes on my hands, like they were already mine, I found myself thinking: "Am I too old for this shoes?"
For those that don't know I'm 28 years old. Honestly I've never felt "too old", and even less when we talk about clothes. In my head I'm 18 years old, I dream a lot, I get excited about new music, I say stupid jokes and jump when I'm happy. Jeans, pulls, leather jackets and sneakers never miss in my closet, even tho there're also some heels and blaizers. Yes, we should know that at certain age somme things like a tiny skirt aren't that "appropiate", but should we change our personality or suprime those things that we feel that fits us? 
Nowadays, with fashion being more open to new tendences like suits paired with sneakers, colorful pulls (remember Moschino?) with skirts and dresses with denim jackets I truly believe that we have a great opportunity to be ourselves, to feel free to do what we love and to embrace our individuality. I think that feeling "too old" isn't chic and that's just a mental state that we should reject. Feeling excited about things, being original and fun is always in, no matter your bith date.
-*-Quelques ans avant la phrase "les 30 sont des nouveaux 20" a été très populaire, spécialement entre des célébrités et  des magazines. J'ai embrassé ce phrase comme une vérité et je ne m'ai questioné jamais si c'est entièrement vrai. Jusqu'à aujourd'hui.
Quand je marchais dans ma magasin préférée je m’a tombé amoureuse d'un pair de chaussures très mignon.  J'ai courus pour pouvoir les voir mieux. Dans cette moment là, mon amie m'a dit: "oh Keyla! Tu est très vieux pour ces chaussures!". Je l'ai regardé avec surprise...son commentaire m'a choqué. Je suis 28 ans, et je n'ai jamais voir moi même comme un personne "très vieux", et moins quand nous parlions de mode. Oui, c'est vrai que un robe très court n'est pas très approprié pour femme "plus âgée", mais est-que c'est nécessaire de supprimer nôtre goûts générales en dépendant de nôtre âge?
Maintenant, le monde de la mode est très ouvert à des différents styles et combinaisons de pièces comment des chaussures sportifs avec des robes ou des pulls (Est-ce que tu racontes Moschino?) avec un jupe, etc. Ensuite, j'opine que nous avons un vrai opportunité de démontrer qui nous sommes, embrasser notre personnalité et nôtre goûts personnels. Se sentir "très vieux" pour quelque chose n'est pas chic et nous devons d'éviter sentir ça. Shoes: Zara.
Kisses,

Keyla.