NYC Style Spot   +  weekend

Rainy weekend + glue = new pillow!

I have always loved pillows like these on Mary McDonald's sofa...

Photo from here You may have guessed by now, I am a fan.

So, to find some pillows/cushions (depending where you are in the world when you read this) like this in Australia. Impossible. Even hard to find on the world wide web (this, my friends, is unusual as you can find everything on the www).

Back to the drawing board.

Had a wild idea of glueing some. Not sure if it would world and like everyone else, don't you just hate it when things don't turn out? I know I'm not alone here!

Anyway, got some supplies...

Using the fabric, I stitched a plain pillow/cushion cover 20" x 20".

Then I started by cutting the bias tape and then basically got started, using fabric glue and a paint brush attached the tape, until...

I ended up with this. Well, after I left it to dry and added the filling.

It's not perfect but I'm happy with it. It's a start anyway. I would love to know if any of you have tried this and have a better way?

Have a fabulous weekend! I'm going to sit on my sofa now... but will try not to squash my new pillow!

The family room is almost finished...