NYC Style Spot   +  tips and tricks

The Disoriented Stylist

I am literally the worst person when it comes to remembering people’s names. I totally have dementia and a hard time remembering things. I blame it on the fall I had one time when I was riding a bike without a helmet because I didn’t want helmet hair and as a result to the price of beauty over safety, I WENT STUPID!

I could have been introduced to you about 3 minutes ago and still without a sip of a cocktail of some sort, I would have completely forgotten your name and wouldn’t have a clue of the first letter! So about end of the night I would just swagger around at the party referring to everyone as ‘hun ’ or ‘babe ’ and pretending that I knew who they were.

But that’s not even the tip of the iceberg of embarrassing things that I’ve done. The absolute worst is when I introduce myself to someone thinking that I have not met them, but really I already have, and that person would reply, “We’ve met, nice to see you again, Peter ”. OUCH. FML! I am completely guilty of doing this numerous times and I should be shot in the face with a paint ball gun because it is the rudest, humiliating and disrespectful thing, which I never intentionally mean to do! So, now I just keep my mouth closed and smile with my eyes, hoping that others would just introduce themselves to me. However with my severe dementia, I would just end up referring to them as ‘hun ’ later in the night anyways!

Natalia Vodianova for Steven Meisel

But then again, if you were this bitch pictured above who CRASHED a party (no pun intended ), looking fabulous like this, I would definitely remember and would want to know a lot more than just your name!