NYC Style Spot   +  topshop

What I bought - Winged ring by Freedom at Topshop

Now, you may well know that I’m struggling with a horrid back injury. My back got sneakily damaged during a visit to an osteopath - I say "sneakily" because it went unnoticed for a while and I continued working for some months after that, in pain, but not realising the origin of the discomfort. I even ran half a marathon for charity. Then, almost a year after the injury I had to give up my beloved job, as the situation had worsened so much my body has given up on me.

Out of work means no money, and I must refrain myself from shopping, and if I do, I have to calculate every purchase down to the last penny, or euro cent. However, the pathetic thing is that the less money you have, the moodier you get and the more you want to treat yourself. And, guys about to step on a box and rant, it’s not only women who get the itchy feeling when told not to scratch. It’s like with chocolate when on a diet: if you feel like having a bit, it’s better to go for it rather than risk over indulging further on. So when I went to Canterbury (UK) last week for a spot of shopping and I came across something pretty and affordable I made it mine.

The ring is by Freedom at Topshop, and it's one of those stretchy types, which makes me wonder on the lifespan of it, but it has me smiling right now so who cares.

I almost went for the one below, but tried it on and realised it didn't allow for bending one's finger. My boyfriend gave me the “don’t go there Jess” look, and it was a miss.

I love my ring. I may be physically broken, but at least I have wings. Have you treated yourself lately? Maybe not with shopping, but with chocolate? or by hugging someone else's puppy, or squeezing an unsuspecting cat, (gently though!)? or just staying in because it's cold outside?

Pictures: Topshop, Fashion Limbo