NYC Style Spot   +  travel

Wellness Wednesday: Connecting with Nature- Our Organic Garden update

As you may have read, I finally got around to planting our veggie garden a few months ago... it is still alive! Yes, that is correct, those who know me well know that I have difficulty keeping plants alive... it is because we travel so much I believe! ;)
I went through the advice of my Organic pig manure/worm/soil man and purchased organic seedlings from the Mt Claremont Farmers Market. The boys are loving being part of gardening and preparing the food. I have always wanted them to be involved in this process and they help themselves to veggies all day long. Our backyard is complete! Joy!
I purchased the garden bed from Bunnings and the old wine barrels from a winery. They assured me they were safe to use and the wood had not been treated with any nasty chemicals.
If you need friendly & expert help head over to see Nicola Chatham with great advice on 'The Abundant Veggie Patch System.'

The recent rainfall has been fantastic to get our garden looking like a real veggie patch- I never thought it would be so rewarding and so far, pest free! Yay for me- I'm feeling a lot teeny bit proud of myself!
I even had the confidence to attend to the rest of our garden, adding some lovely and colourful seedlings which look fantastic looking out to the pool area from our main living room.
It is so nice to get out in the Garden and 'connect' with nature.