NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

The Road to Queenstown

Because I like to mix things up, I'm sharing some glorious wintery vibes from our trip to New Zealand in the middle of an Australian Summer. Partly because so many people I know have just celebrated a white Christmas somewhere from afar, and partly because I've not shared any of my travel diaries from New Zealand yet.

Back in August, we ventured to the south island of New Zealand, when I was 9 weeks pregnant, for a winter celebration of the birthdays of both my darling husband and I. Each year we go somewhere new and having visited the desert in 2015, it made perfect sense to build snowmen in 2016. The drive to Queenstown from Christchurch took longer than anticipated, as we picked the hire car up at 6:30am and didn't arrive at our destination until well after 4pm. There were road closures, blizzards and wrong turns, along with some sight seeing and my nauseous pregnant state that all contributed to numerous delays.... but come on, we can't complain, look at how pretty the drive was!