NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

All Aqua, All the Time
For as long as I can remember I've had a penchant for the color aqua (can't you tell by the color scheme of this blog?). I'm not sure what about it that appeals to me, it could be because my birthstone is aquamarine or that it reminds me of the pristine beaches of my childhood in Maui. Whatever the case, I scoop up vintage aqua items whenever I see them, especially kitchen items. My current kitchen's colour scheme is aqua, avocado green and yellow and my bedroom walls are painted a shade of aqua called "Island Breezes."

Here are a few aqua items found on my last trip home to Fayetteville, Arkansas. There will definitely be more aqua to come on this blog. :)

I'd been lusting after Lustroware canister sets on Ebay for quite a while but was always put off by the high prices. Fortunately Jade spotted these on our trip to a Rogers antique mall. :) These are made of plastic and are meant for flour, sugar, coffee & tea.

On the right is an unmarked creamer that reminds me of a Mikasa piece. I'm not sure if the container on the left is a sugar container or is meant as a powder box/dresser jar.
I was happy to find this bowl at All My Treasures Flea Market for a few dollars. I just wish there had been matching mugs!

I only paid $2 for this set.... the creamer came with a Melmac lid that doesn't belong to it but it will suffice for now.
Not sure what the purpose of the aqua fork was... maybe something to do with fruit?

I didn't realize what this was until investigating the writing on the labels... they were meant to be put on tupperware containers so you could keep track of when your leftovers would 'expire'!

Covered aqua Pyrex dish. Spent a little more than usual on this but Jade pointed out that it would have cost quite a bit more on ebay (especially with shipping). I think this was $15 at the Frisco Flea Market.

I imagine this is missing its lid? This is the first piece of aqua pyrex I've found in the 'wild' albeit it was at an antique mall rather than a thrift store.

A promotional Pyrex casserole dish with a non-Pyrex cradle. Initially I passed this up when I saw it at an antique mall but ended up having Jade pick it up for me after doing some research and finding out it was rarer than I thought.

Pyrex divided casserole dish in the snowflake pattern... this pattern ended up growing on me, I had passed up some of the aqua snowflake on white background a while back and now kind of regret it!

Atomic plastic tissue box. Aqua may be infiltrating the bathoom soon...

Jade & I found this at the thrift store... I got it because it's aqua and it has an atomic design on the front. I have no idea of its original purpose but my mom thought it might have been used for warming up beauty wax?